All the papers from the 14th Rio Symposium on Atomic Research are available to be read and downloaded on Galoá Proceedings. This international symposium took place on the 2nd to 7th of April 2017 in Vitória, capital of the Brazilian state of Espírito Santo.
The symposium started in Rio de Janeiro in 1988. Since then, it takes place every two years in different cities across Latin America. The 2017 edition has been organized by the Federal University of Espírito Santo (UFES) and has published 112 papers at the proceedings on the following tracks:
- Atomic Absorption Spectrometry
- Chemometrics in Atomic Spectrometry
- Mass Spectrometry
- Optical Emission Spectrometry
- Speciation Analysis
- Sample Preparation
- X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometry
A week before the 14th Rio Symposium took place, a Workshop on Atomic Spectrometry was held at Catholic Pontifical University in Rio de Janeiro. The students that registered at the symposium were able to attend the workshop for free. Read more about it here.
The Symposium welcomed a great number of speakers. Overall, there were 23 lecturers from around the world and these were some of the presentations:
- An exciting journey through Light and Mass - by Marco Aurelio Zezzi Arruda
- Do we know everything about mercury in marine animals? Some insights into a pod of stranded whalestitle - by Eva M. Krupp
- Mechanistic aspects of chemical vapor generation - by Alessandro D’Ulivo
- Atomic Spectrometry for Nuclear Forensics - by Michael Krachler
- Speciation analysis – some case studies from the TESLA group - by Jörg Feldmann
The complete list of speakers and lectures can be found at the event’s official website, also built by the Galoá team.
The papers can be accessed at the 14th Rio Symposium Proceedings here. The president of the organizing committee, Dr. Maria Tereza Carneiro Lima, from the Federal University of Espírito Santo, told us that the online publication of the proceedings are important to “give wide exposure to the presented papers, broadcasting the scientific research discussed at the event”.
On Galoá Proceedings, you can search papers based on their title, track or author. Publishing the proceedings online allows your event to have worldwide impact and reach a bigger audience. Read more about the 14th Rio Symposium on Atomic Spectrometry at their website and check out the event’s proceedings.